Gregory John Plumides was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina. He graduated from Charlotte Country Day School and attended the University of Georgia. At the University of Georgia, he was a member of the Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society and Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. He received his Juris Doctorate Law Degree from The Cumberland School of Law at Sanford University in 1996 (making the Dean’s List that year).
The Plumides Law Office, which is now PRJC Law, was originally founded by Gregory’s father, John G. Plumides, over 50 years ago. Gregory first began working for the firm at the age of 16 and is now a Partner in the law practice.
Gregory’s true passion is trying cases, so he has chosen to practice primarily in litigation which includes Criminal, Family, and Personal Injury Law. These areas of practice keep him in the court room, where he can fight for his clients.
Gregory is a very active and respected member of the local Bar. He served as Co-Chairman of the Mecklenburg County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Six years (2010 – 2016). He has served on the Mecklenburg County Criminal Courts Rules Committee and is currently serving on the Mecklenburg County Criminal Courts Committee. In all of these capacities he meets with judges and various court house officials, as a private Bar representative. Gregory has also served on the Mecklenburg County Bar Fee Dispute Committee, Mecklenburg County Bar Candidate Interview Committee and has taught DWI law to local attorneys under a Continuing Legal Education program.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense Law
- Traffic Violations
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Plaintiff
- Family Law / Divorce
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Post-Separation Support
- Domestic Violence
- Personal Injury
- Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL J.D. – 1996 – Dean’s List
- Charlotte Country Day School
- University of Georgia Honors: Member of The Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- DWI/DUI NC-CLE
Honors and Awards
- Nationally Ranked Superior DUI Attorney by the NAFDD
- Legal Elite winners for Criminal Law in the Business North Carolina Magazine
- AVVO – Rated 10.0 Superb in Family Law, Criminal Law, DWI, and Personal Injury
- The National Advocates Top 100 Lawyer
- Served on Mecklenburg County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Past Co-Chairman
- Served on Mecklenburg County, Criminal Courts Rules Committee
- Serving on Mecklenburg County, Criminal Courts Committee
- Served on Mecklenburg County Bar, Fee Dispute Committee
- Served on Mecklenburg County Bar, Candidate Interview Committee
Fraternities / Organizations
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- AHEPA – American Hellenic Progressive Association