Richard B. Johnson was born in Bristol, PA and raised in Levittown, Pa, a suburb of Philadelphia. He earned a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology and practiced as a mental health therapist for 13 years prior to attending law school. He attended Rutgers University Law School and graduated in 2000.
Richard clerked for the Honorable Raymond T. Hayser of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Court Division from 2000 to 2001. He then moved to Charlotte, NC in 2001 and practiced as an associate with Shapack & Shapack, PA from 2002 to 2008, primarily in domestic and criminal matters. In April 2008 he opened his own law firm, The Law Office of Richard B. Johnson, PA and practiced as a solo practitioner until July 2015 when he joined Plumides, Romano, Johnson & Cacheris, PC.
Richard is a Board Certified Family Law Specialist with his primary focus on domestic law. He also has a wealth of experience in criminal law, personal injury and appellate law. He has a number of appellate cases that have resulted in written opinions.
In his spare time, he likes to play golf and restore classic cars.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 2000 (no longer active)
- North Carolina, 2001
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey J.D. – 2000
- Rider University, Lawrenceville, New Jersey – M.A., Master of Arts – 1991 Major: Counseling Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Bar Association, 2001 – Present
- Mecklenburg, 2001 – Present